Chances are, you've heard about a mezzanine, or you might have been in one without knowing. This space is an elevated platform constructed between the floor and ceiling of a building or between two floors. Essentially, you have that extra floor space that you can convert into a room, living space, or storage area without necessarily adding an entirely new floor, which can be quite expensive. A mezzanine can also stand on its own, and it can be made of wood, concrete, or steel.
Now, if you’re thinking about adding a mezzanine to your space, here’s what you need to know about it:
The benefits of a mezzanine
Mezzanines have been added to commercial, residential, and industrial spaces for many years because of their many benefits, including:
- Additional space. Most people who invest in a mezzanine need extra floor space but don't have the luxury of expanding horizontally or adding a new floor to their existing structure. A mezzanine allows you to maximize your existing floor space for storage, production, or lounging.
- Bigger retail space. If you're adding a mezzanine to a store, you're getting that additional square footage to expand your displays for customers to get a better shopping experience. Mezzanines are also quite interesting design-wise, so having one can make your space look more attractive to customers.
- Efficiency. As your business grows, so does your need for space. So, if your employees have been sitting elbow-to-elbow because you don't have any more space to accommodate new team members, adding a mezzanine will help you create a more productive workspace where everyone has their own space to work efficiently.
- Tax. According to the law, a mezzanine is not considered a complete structure but rather a form of equipment. This means that having one will qualify you for accelerated tax depreciation, and you can even apply for amortization for up to 7 years.
- Savings. We already know how much an entire construction project costs these days because of inflation. From materials to labor costs, you need to invest a considerable sum of money in these projects. But when you go for a mezzanine, everything can be done by a single supplier, and the costs are much lower than if you did a full-blown construction project. You also cut down the time it takes for the project to be completed, so you can continue with your production.
- Customization. Another great thing about adding a mezzanine is that it can make the difference by giving you the ability to fully customize it according to your needs and preferences. Mezzanine experts know precisely what type of style would fit their existing space, so it's not an eyesore but a stylish addition to your office, retail space, or warehouse.
So, suppose you're looking for that additional floor space in your residential, commercial, or industrial space. In that case, you should consider investing in a mezzanine system that will surely benefit you more than you can imagine. Get in touch with the experts at Steinco Industrial Solutions to know your options based on your requirements and budget.