Founded way back in 1907, Equipto has a long, successful history as a manufacturer of space utilization products and accessories. In the early days, the company initially distinguished itself with its high-quality motorcycle accessories, and then as a fabricator of auto body parts that made their way into Ford’s legendary Model T. This partnership with Ford led Equipto to branch out into the production of shelving, as the auto industry needed durable materials that could be used to store heavy car parts. The company rapidly earned a reputation for its well-constructed shelving—a reputation that it holds to this day.
At present, Equipto produces a wide array of space utilization equipment: mobile aisle units, multi-tier shelving, carts, storage cabinets, stairways, mezzanines, pallet racks, and much more. Equipto is headquartered in Tatamy, Pennsylvania, and its worldwide client base includes prominent organizations such as Boeing, Caterpillar, Mt. Sinai-Chicago, and The Gap. Steinco Industrial Solutions is proud to offer their customers a variety of world-class products from this internationally known manufacturer. Let’s take a closer look at the selection of Equipto products currently available through Steinco.
Equipto's 30” Modular Drawer Cabinets boast one-piece welded construction and a weight capacity of up to 400 pounds per drawer. Their strength-to-weight ratio means that these units are durable without being cumbersome. Designed to accommodate a wide range of tools and equipment, these modular cabinets can securely store small tools, bulky motors, and many kinds of materials in between. They can provide secure storage space for a number of industries, including the automotive and military sectors. These units come with many attractive features, such as, but not limited to, the following:
- An optional locking mechanism that helps to prevent theft and accidental loss of stored items.
- Numbered spacings that make it easy to install partitions when needed.
- Label holders that allow for convenient identification of each drawer’s contents.
- Adjustable channels that allow users to reconfigure drawers in a preferred arrangement.
- Full extension carriages for each drawer that enable the user to pull the entire drawer out.
A 22”-inch Modular Drawer Cabinet, with a weight capacity of 200 lbs. per drawer, is also available from Equipto.
Shelving and Racks
Equipto has also earned a reputation for its highly durable racks and shelving. The secret behind Equipto’s edge as a manufacturer of high-quality shelving lies with V-Grip—a design found in many of the company’s shelving components. An exceptionally durable and flexible storage solution, V-Grip Shelving comes with several attractive features:
- V-Grip upright posts, which have a special triangular design that provides maximal load-bearing capability. V-Grip uprights allow for easy back-to-back assembling of storage units. These units can be adjusted according to the user’s specifications.
- Corner shelf reinforcements. These have extruded studs that may be inserted into the uprights with minimal hassle; this bolsters the strength and reliability of the unit as a whole.
- 18-gauge steel shelf construction, providing a high degree of firmness and strength.
V-Grip shelving can be used in conjunction with modular drawers to create a flexible, ergonomic storage solution for tiny items.
V-Grip shelving carts, wire shelving, tire racks, and related shelving accessories are also available from this manufacturer. Furthermore, Equipto’s bar racks, reel racks, and various specialty racks provide several additional storage options.
Both durable and attractively designed, Equipto’s storage cabinets work well in a wide variety of locations, from factories to corporate offices. Four basic models are available: desk, counter, wall-hung, and full height. Standard features include the following:
- Three-point security latches
- Heavy gauge steel materials
- Smooth surfaces that do not form hazardous protrusions
- Door handles with three-point locking devices for enhanced security
- Positive shelf locks that keep shelves from becoming dislodged
- Reinforced doors
Equipto produces many types of storage cabinets to accommodate the varying needs of its clients. For that reason, the Equipto catalog of storage cabinets includes the following:
- Flammable liquid storage cabinets. These provide a secure space for keeping volatile liquids such as acetone and gasoline. Each of these cabinets can support as much as 350 lbs. of materials.
- Quick-view storage cabinets. These come with durable plastic Lexan panels on the doors to enable the user to see the materials stored inside the cabinet without needing to open the unit. Each shelf boasts a weight capacity of 225 lbs.
- Mobile computer cabinets. These are designed to store computer equipment in a safe, secure space.
- Bench cabinets. These are intended for easy-to-access storage of small tools and parts.
Workbenches and Workcenters
To optimize productivity, it’s important to give workers access to appropriate workcenters where important tasks can be carried out with minimal discomfort. With this in mind, Equipto has developed a line of efficiency-boosting workbenches and workcenters. These stations—sold in wall-mounted and free-standing models—enable personnel to store air, fluid, and electrical supplies in secure yet easy-to-reach cabinets. A variety of surfaces are available, including wood, stainless steel, and laminate. Equipto’s workcenters can also include the following key features:
- Modular drawers to increase storage density. Each drawer has a weight capacity of up to 400 lbs.
- Choice of six different bench tops
- Four-drawer bench pedestals
- Door pedestals with shelves
- #8 drawer cabinets w/ dividers
Equipto produces a number of basic designs, such as closed- and open-leg workcenters, pedestal workcenters, and adjustable Iron-I workcenters.
Lack of storage space is a common problem in the business sector, but with Equipto’s mobile storage aisles, it’s possible to maximize available capacity without needing to expand the facility. In fact, it’s even possible to literally double storage capacity. These systems work by enabling the operator to move shelves along tracks to gain access to stored materials, as opposed to the standard method of utilizing fixed aisles that take up valuable floor space. With these mobile aisles, rows of shelves are kept pressed together, and the operator opens an aisle when needed by turning an ergonomically designed hand wheel or simply pushing open the shelving. Open/mechanical, closed/mechanical, fixed, and manual drive panels are available.